Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dollar Store Eyeshadow Finds

So while I was randomly at a local dollar store with a couple family members, I decided to check their makeup out. Just to see what they had and if I could maybe find a hidden gem, so to speak. I was pretty pleased with what I found. They had three eyeshadows from L.A. Colors. The only one not pictured was a white one that I didn't get because I already own a couple of whites, but the other two were just beautiful.

The first and my favorite is the Teal color, it is insanely pigmented to the point it stained my finger when I swatched it for the pic. It goes on relatively dark with just one swipe (the right side of the swatch). I am seriously in love with this color, I love blue/greens and this is the prefect teal in my opinion. A definite win in my book.

The purple while a gorgeous color is so hard to get to show up. The pigmentation is so light that the swatch seriously took me forever to get it even that dark. While it is a soft and silky as the teal it doesn't share the dark coloration I was hoping for. It is a nice light purple color but it looks as if it could have been much better. Not as much of a win but at $1 not horrible, I guess.

This does show that while a hit and miss, cheap makeup can be great (the Teal). So you don't have to spend a ton of money to buy your makeup, you just have to be willing to try looking in unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment