Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Say Hello to the "Hello, Yellow" Sale

This is my haul from Bath & Body Works, Semi-Annual, Hello Yellow sale. I love hitting this because one of the two sales falls right around/ after x-mas. This is perfect because I can load up on all my favorites, and new ones, while paying so much less. Also, I can use my x-mas gift money, so I only pay for a tiny bit, if any out of my own pocket.  Most things are usually 50% off, some of the stuff is 75% off while others are set deals: buy 2 get 1 free, buy 3 get 2 free. Now to get to the fun part, the actual haul.
First up is one of my new favorite smells from BBW's, and the sad part is they are discontinuing the smell. Over the summer they came out with the Signature Summer Vanilla line. One of which is Lemon. Now this isn't the normal cleaner smell lemon it's a sweet almost lemon cookie smell. It actually smells exactly like the lemon cake cookies my grand-mother in-law makes. It's delicious! To bad it's going away, that's why I bought so many of them. I got 1 full size spray, 10 travel size sprays, and 2 full size lotions. These were all 50% off.
Next, I got a couple of the holiday collection smells. 3 of the Twisted Peppermint, which unexpectedly smells like chocolate mint, conveniently enough this is my favorite ice cream flavor and makes for another delicious scent. I also got a Midnight Pomegranate. This is a a sweet pomegranate smell, pretty simple actually but yummy. These ones were 75% off.
I then got a few of the classic line body washes. Pearberry, Pink Grapefruit and County Apple. They all smell like their name. I was surprised by the Pearberry actually, I usually hate pear scented things, to me they always smell like beer, and it's not pleasant. This one though has a sweet berry smell along with a slight pear scent, not to bad really. These ones we are $3 a piece.

Lastly for me, I got some of the Victoria's Secret's Pink line. I got 3 do to the Buy 3 for $30 sale. There was also a buy 2 for $22, neither of them were bad sales considering that these ones are normally $15 a piece. 2 of the Sweet & Flirty which smell like an original Paris Hilton's "Paris" dupe. I also got 1 of the Soft & Dreamy, which has a nice light & sweet vanilla musk smell. 
The last things I got were actually for my husband. They are most of the scents from the new-ish Men's Signature Line. We both think that they smell like dupes of other scents, but we both love them. His, and I think my, favorite is Noir. This one smells similar to Cool Water, which is our favorite cologne. Then there's Citron, which smells like a dupe for Kenneth Cole's Reaction. Our 2nd favorite cologne.
We also got Twilight Woods, this one is an earthier one and reminds me more of Kenneth Cole's Black. Finally there is Ocean, pretty sure this is a dupe of Axe's Pheonix scent. All of the full sizes were a buy 3 get 2 free deal and the travel sizes, which I bought first for him to smell, were 75% off. 
 All of this at normal prices would have been close to $300, and the reason I love this sale is that I got all of this for just over $100. Thinking I should start a summer sale fund to stock up on b-day and x-mas gifts for my sisters and other family.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment