Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bath & Body Works Spring Candle Review

The spring candle line from Bath & Body Works this year has tropical inspired scents. For me, who's a sucker for fruity fragrances, it was only natural for me to try them out. So I took advantage of their 3 for $5 mini candles (1.6 oz.) and my 20% off coupon, and instead of $3.50 a piece I spent $1.30 a piece. I ordered one of each of the new candles, the only problem is that they sent me two of one of the smells, so I will not be reviewing Calypso Sun.
I will be giving each of the candles a 1-5 rating. This is my opinion of each candle as to how I like it, this doesn't me that if I give it a low rating, the candle sucks and you shouldn't try it. Not everyone likes the same things and what I like you may not and vice versa.
1/5 = I will not buy this again, just not my cup of tea.
2/5 = I wouldn't buy it again, but if someone else gave it to me or burnt one it wouldn't bother me.
3/5 = I might buy this again, if I was in the mood for it.
4/5 = I really like this and would definitely buy this again.
5/5 = I absolutely love this and will probably buy again the next time I can.

4/5
So this is obviously the one they sent me a double of, and that is Island Nectar. This one claims to have vanilla, rum and musk mixed with its tropical fruits. I really only get a strong tropical fruit punch smell, there really no hint of the other scents, just a very nice mixed fruit smell. 
3/5       
Tropical Spice is a definitely the warmest smell out of all of the candles. Honestly this seems to be more fitting for the autumn or winter. You get a nice vanilla cinnamon smell with small hint of rum. It's truly a nice scent just doesn't really seem to fit in the collection.
5/5  
One of my favorites is Caribbean Salsa, I think it kind of smells like a starburst. You get a sweet peach smell with bit of a tang from pineapple. Their is supposed to be Yuzu flower in it, I do smell a sweet flower scent, but I don't know exactly what I am looking for so I can't say for sure if it does the Yuzu flower justice.
4/5
Caribbean Escape is really hard to describe because I can't really point out one particular scent. It claims to have melon, raspberry, lemon and coconut milk. The strongest and most noticeable thing is the raspberry, so it is a sweet tropical berry scent.
3/5
Seaside Escape smells like a bathroom air freshener. It's not bad but it has a strong flowery smell mixed with a tiny bit of citrus. I don't mind it but for me it is stronger on the flower side than I would prefer. 
5/5
This smells like its namesake, Pineapple Mango. It smells like you just cut fresh pineapple, then the mango gives you a sweeter citrus smell to cut some of the pineapples tartness. Very simple but very yummy smelling. 
3/5
Vanilla Coconut kind of smells like a cookie. You get a strong vanilla smell with a coconut milky hint. The thing that makes it smell like a cookie is that you get a little hint of a nutty smell in there. It's nice but I hate the taste of coconut and I am not really a fan of the smell. It's good but not hugely for me. 
5/5
Pink Sangria smells like fruit loops. You get a huge hit of citrus with a nice mix of other fruit smells. It is supposed to have mandarin, apple, grapes and berries, that work amazing together. Honestly I am so tempted to take a bit out of it, it smells so yummy. 
4/5
Pineapple Orchid smells like Sweet Pea's sister. It is a very sweet flowery smell. The pineapple is really muted under the flower scent but it lends perfectly to the sweetness of the orchid. If you like sweet pea you'll like this candle. 
5/5
Island Colada smell just like a pina colada. A nice mix between the tart citrusy pineapple and orange with the creamy coconut. Another wonderfully yummy candle.
1/5
This is the only one that I don't like. It is trying to smell like its namesake but the mint that they added really just fights with the fruity smells. It just makes for an awkward smell, not a pleasing one. 
5/5
Passionflower seriously smells like Sweet Pea and Starburst had a baby. It is a very sweet fruity smell with the vanilla working together to make for an almost flowery scent. Which is odd because there is no flower in the blend, but it works well together. This is another were if you like Sweet Pea your like this one. 
4/5
Island Margarita smells like its name. There is the fruity citrus scent with a small hint of flowers. It works really nicely together, and almost smells exactly like a freshly mixed margarita. 

Hope this helps anyone who is thinking about trying out some of the new candle collection. If anyone as bought or tried Calypso Sun let me know what you think about it, I'm quite interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment